Download Rules & Entry Form
When: Saturday August 6, 2016
JACKPOT BEAN CONTEST RULES - ENTRY FEE $20.00
1. Entries will be judged on taste, aroma,
2. Only PINTO beans may be used in this contest and must be
cooked on cook-off grounds.
3. Beans and gravy only in turn-in (NO meat or other
identifying ingredients in turn-in). Entry will be
4. Must provide one pint of beans for judging.
5. Turn-in time is 12:00 noon SHARP at the American Legion
6. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three winners
based on above criteria.
7. Cash prizes will be based on the number of entries, which
will determine the amounts, awarded.
All decisions of the judges are final.
Misconduct will be considered automatic disqualification.
The Schulenburg Festival Association or Fayette County
Go-Texan or any of its members or sponsors will not be
responsible for accidents, theft, or damage to any equipment
or persons. ALL RESULTS TO THE ABOVE-MENTIONED CONTESTS
WILL BE ANNOUNCED FOLLOWING THE COMPLETION OF CHILI JUDGING
IN FRONT OF THE AMERICAN LEGION POST. Gates to cook-off
area will be closed at 9:00 pm Friday & remain closed the
duration of Fridays festival. Gates will also be closing at
9:00 am Saturday & remain closed the duration of Saturdays
festival. We will open gates for about 1 - 1-1/2 hours
after results have been announced to allow those wanting to
leave Saturday evening to do so.